Vegetable Pasta Salad (serves 4)
2 tablespoons Minos extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and sliced
1 small eggplant, sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
1 spanish onion, thinly sliced
500g pasta, cooked and drained
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup pinenuts, toasted
2 tablespoons sliced basil
1/4 cup Minos extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Heat Minos olive oil in a large frying pan. Saute asparagus, eggplant, zucchini, capsicum and onion for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
2. Place cooled pasta in a bowl. Toss through vegetables, tomatoes, pinenuts and basil. Mix well.
3. To prepare dressing: place Minos, juice, garlic and oregano in a screw top jar. Shake well. Toss through salad.
Serve with crusty white bread.
Hints and tips
1. Use Minos extra virgin olive oil as a substitute for butter. It's simply delicious used as a dipping sauce for crusty white bread.
2. For a quick salad dressing drizzle Minos extra virgin olive oil over your salad followed by a sprinkling of wine vinegar.
home | about | recipies | where | trade | healthy eating